Thursday, February 17, 2011

New Look For A Tired WingBack Chair

Before I begin, it is important to note that the original dusty rose upholstery is still intact.

For this chair I decided to add my own personal flare by attempting to create a slipcover.

My first step was to figure out which fabric I wanted to use.

My Mom sent me a leopard print, polar fleece blanket last year for my birthday.

Here is an interesting fact about polar fleece:   How is it made?
 
Since I happen to love leopard print I decided to use it along with a plain taupe coloured fleece.

When I create a slipcover or any sewn item, I do NOT follow a pattern, so it is very difficult to explain step by step exactly what I have done.

I will allow the pictures to explain the entire  process.

I hope these photos will help you to attempt your own slipcover.

You can find multiple sites on the internet to show you step by step instructions on how to create your own.

How to make your own slipcover

It looks difficult, but it isn't.

Give it a try!

Bye for now.