Friday, February 4, 2011

Country Chic Slipcovered Bench

I realize at this point there is nothing chic about this bench.  (A true case of WHAT NOT TO WEAR).

I found this hidden gem out in the garbage, I wonder why!

We have surmised from this picture that blue is not your colour little bench.   Your bones look workable even though you're  make-up is terribly ugly, and you're missing your ball shaped finials.

So please stay with me to see how little bench got her groove back.

As seen in the photos above and below,  I have replaced the finials (that were missing) with simple screw on furniture legs.  I chose slightly taller ones for the back of the seat and shorter ones for the front.
(I am uncertain exactly what size the furniture legs were)

I do not remember the cost for these, but I do recall purchasing them from HOME DEPOT.


At this point I am pretty desperate to get rid of that awful colour.
I prime the entire piece.


Now, I am ready to give it a coat of black glossy paint to make it look like iron.


Still not quite right.
I add another coat of black.


The colouring is perfect.

I wanted to soften up little benches sharp edges so I designed a custom dress for her.
I designed the pattern and every stitch is done by  hand.



Little bench has sure come a long way. Now she deserves her title.

I really enjoyed sharing this transformation with you, it is one of my favorites.

Bye for now.