Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Chrome Bar Stool TRANSFORMED

I know what you're thinking, "This is the ugliest thing I have ever seen!"

What do you expect from a roadside find? It's true, it isn't pretty but it was FREE.

My husband and I used to deliver newspapers at night for the Chronicle Herald, we had the advantage of finding great items before anyone else had the chance to scoop them up.

We must have passed that bar stool three times on this particular winter night, I looked at it longingly every time just imagining what it would look like if it was LYANNIFIED. Well, on the third pass my husband got out of the car and threw it in the trunk,....he knows me so well.

I will show you the step by step progress of the transformation.

1. Removed the seat and gave the solid chrome a well deserved scrub. So shiny!


2. I looked around for a piece of fabric that would be hard wearing and also look fabulous. EUREKA!! I had an old faux suede coat that was absolutely perfect.


3. I cut my fabric to fit, attached it to seat cover and reassembled.


Now we have a bar stool that anyone would be proud to have. It's hard to believe it was considered garbage.

Join me again next time for another amazingly creative adventure.