Friday, January 3, 2014

ZOMBIE SMASH


My husband had an assignment for his JAVA class...
to design a game.
 I say HAD because this actually took place last year, and I never got around to posting about it until now.
Sorry!

It is a game with typed in commands...similar to the first games for computer.
Seems like a simple structure when you consider the games on the market today, but it was all about coding.
 
You would not believe how many pages of coding
(a.k.a. gibberish to me no matter how much I try to understand)

When this was initially assigned, he had no idea what the subject of the game should be.
Then inspiration struck him...
ZOMBIES


When he started telling me about the types of zombies he would include in his game I started to get all tingly inside...I didn't say anything, I just started to draw.

I wanted the game to have something that nobody else in the class was going to have...hand drawn characters and weapons!!!
Ha ha ha :)


Here are all the images of the hero characters I created...

The BUTCHER

The SHERIFF



The SAMURAI


The SCIENTIST


The WRESTLER


Now for the weapons...

CRICKET BAT
BASEBALL BAT
 CROSS BOW
DOUBLE BARREL SHOT GUN
SINGLE BARREL SHOT GUN
HAND GUN
BOW & ARROW
CHEMICAL GRENADE
FRAG GRENADE
BEER BOTTLE
BABY BOTTLE WITH MEDICINE

Black Forest Cake
Carrot Cake
Now for the ZOMBIES...

BABY ZOMBIE

GIANT ZOMBIE
VOODOO ZOMBIE
MUTANT ZOMBIE
PET ZOMBIE

Here I created a splash sheet for the game...
for the imaginary game box cover


Here is a compilation of characters and weapons


An imaginary scene from the game...

Here is a screen capture of the actual completed game...


I had a lot of fun creating these images and then playing around in PHOTOSHOP.

I hope you liked this post.  

Until next time, 
Be Creative :)