Tuesday, January 28, 2014

DIAMONDS IN THE SNOW

  This is my 100th post,
which I am dedicating to my Mom.

My Mother and I often speak about GOD...
and the abundance of gifts and talents that He gives to the world.
Also, how we, as people view them and ourselves.

I wish sometimes that we could all see ourselves
the way the
Lord see's us...

I think sometimes though, He grants us a small glimpse.

That small glimpse can sustain us for a long time,
maybe even help us to try and put it into words or song.

Mom, I love you
 &
This is for you...


I'm sure my Mom would be okay with sharing this with all of you...
I hope you like it.

Here is my love song to all...



  DIAMONDS IN THE SNOW
By
Lyann Watkinson

The day is growing dim, ripening.
The sky, deep purple as the sun begins to set.
Gradually darkening,
As night finally settles.

Look up to the heavens
At the glimmering stars
Arrayed like precious gems, scattered, sparkling
In the inky firmament.

There are so many…beyond number,
Boundless.
Their luminosity constant
Content just to BE…
Basking in brilliance, so beautiful,
So free!

I’ve read that we will be as the angels,
Our shine likened to that of the stars…

In this age,
We can but imagine it…
Nurturing the hope inside time and again
…until it is finished.

Witness…a new day has arrived
Dawn breaks…
The sky a clear, crisp blue
Eagerly awaits the suns’ brilliance.


The long fingers of the morning sun
Begin their slow journey across the vista,
Gently caressing the new layer of pure, crisp snow.
Those gentle fingers leaving majesty in their wake.

I see…

It’s a reflection of the heavens!
Do you see them?
Can you see them?

They are diamonds in the snow,
There are so many, beyond number, boundless.
Varying in brilliance one from the other…
So beautiful, so pure.

This moment,
Forever etched in my mind,
A moment of awesome wonder…
Ethereal!

Smile, for this is a gift to you,
No,
A promise…
This IS you!
A brilliant diamond in the snow…

************************************************************************
 I sincerely hope you all enjoyed this post.
I truly enjoyed writing this.

Until next time, Be Creative.