Monday, January 6, 2014

UPDATE...I Believe In BARTERING

 I believe in BARTERING...I think it's a fantastic way to live.

In this short post, I will show you exactly what a  
"great" 
trade looks like.


The painting below, obviously called
MADISONVILLE BEAUTIES

DIMENSIONS
2 feet tall  X  4 feet wide

The base is plywood, the MADISONVILLE letters are textured with tile grout and the strawberry is 3D...I hand formed it out of clay.

For more information on the creation of this project view my post "MADISONVILLE BEAUTIES".


In early fall,  I saw an ad on my local kijiji offering something I had been seeking for quite a while...

A solid wood, queen size bed frame for $150.

As you can imagine, I very promptly offered them a trade for the painting above...how often have you ever seen a wooden bedframe being offered for $150?

Within 10 minutes the owners contacted me and said YES...they had just renovated their bedroom and my painting was the perfect fit for the colour palette they had chosen.

They even delivered it!!!

Thank you to Lisa and her Hubby :)

I LOVE IT!!!!

Here it is, all dressed up with my new French Style Duvet Cover and Shams.



Now THAT is what I call an AWESOME trade!!!!!