Saturday, April 27, 2013

Flip-Book Cover

A few months ago, my husband Trevor had to create a project for school on knot tying.

He created a survey, which some of you partook in...and then decided to create a cool flip-book to show how a double sheet bend knot (the knot he chose) is actually tied.

I felt honored when he asked me to design the cover for it.


Here is the preliminary drawing...it isn't pretty...YET!


Now, a flip-book is created backwards so that when you flip through quickly, the images seem to be animated. 

Here I have refined the drawing...placing the arrow in the right direction.



Here we have the image in black ink, ready to be brought into Photoshop.

The great thing about Photoshop is...you can erase unnecessary lines without wrecking your sheet of paper!

Here is the finished version. 
FRONT & BACK


Finally, I am including a short video that simulates the animation in the flip-book...hope you enjoy!