Monday, June 10, 2013

The "TWISTED NETHER" Fantasy Keyboard


This is the TWISTED NETHER, a fantasy keyboard I designed for my husband Trevor.

You guessed it, another school project!

I finished this a few months ago, but I'm just getting around to posting it now.

The project was to create something unique and high tech...

I will take you through the process I used to achieve the finished look.




First things first, I will show you the images I used as inspiration...

I LOVE the shape and colour


I like the wrist rests
I like the port at the top on this gaming keyboard
So, armed with my inspirational images I started to draw.

Here is the first attempt...it isn't pretty!


Then I tried colouring it in.  


I used markers, but as you can see it's still pretty dull looking...so, my solution was PHOTOSHOP!!!!

I adjusted brightness, contrast, and added a series of effects.  Here is the progression...



 As you can see, I added a lens flare to the phone face


Added a glass ripple effect for wrist rests to make them look like gel
...also added a chrome look to track ball
 







I added a 3D key effect, and added windows logo to keys
Added a pale gray to sides, reworked phone port
Filled in all the keys


I again deepened the contrast and added the anisotropic effect


Added a holographic projection screen that I created in PHOTOSHOP, 
and the TWISTED NETHER logo


Here is the TWISTED NETHER logo my husband created.

Finally, here is the fact sheet
I hope you enjoyed this post, I sure enjoyed sharing it with you!

Until next time, Be Creative!!!!