Friday, April 26, 2013

Super Simple Kitty Toy


 To your left is an extreme close up image of plastic canvas.

I used it in this post to create a little kitty toy.

For those of you who have never used plastic canvas, I will say to you IT IS EASY, AND FUN...not to mention easy on the eyes, unlike cross stitch or embroidery.

This next project is so easy, and brings so much joy to your little feline friend that I hope you give it a try.
Here is what you'll need:
 
1)  one sheet of plastic canvas
2)  a blunt end plastic canvas needle (these needles are very large and have a large eye to put yarn through)
3)  yarn  (use acrylic...I have learned from experience that if you use crochet cotton (BERNAT), it DOES NOT slide through the canvas holes very well)
4)  something small, that makes noise.   example:  small bells, metal buttons, etc (in this case, I used 3 metal bobbins)


1.  Cut a rectangle out of the large sheet of plastic canvas.
See image below



2.  Fold the canvas in half lengthwise making sure that all of the holes line up.

3.  Using a blunt ended needle and doubled yarn, sew the three open edges together...
make sure to leave a small space to insert your bobbins before you finish sewing.




4.  The last thing I did before I let my kitty Gregory play with it is, I pushed the folded edge of the canvas up...so as to create a puffy pillow look which enables the bobbins inside to bounce around and make noise.



SEE!!!  I told you it was easy.

Gregory is happy too :)



Until next time, be creative...