Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Little COFFEE / PICNIC Table

This is my preliminary drawing

I am always saying how much I love vintage labels and ads so, for this post, 
 I created my very own coffee label.


I found this little gem of a table in our apartment building lobby.  One of my neighbors no longer needed it, so I decided to transform it into something pretty.

Here it is apart and being scuffed up...



I went online to find an image of a coffee bean...here it is


 I deleted the background to isolate the central coffee bean and gave it an effect


 I then painted the table black and drew in the ad


Here is the preliminary drawing for the table and base

Here I brought the image into Photoshop and added my label to the table top


 Here I coloured in the table base in Photoshop...
I was originally going to paint the base in a deep brown, but I used black instead.


Here it is complete









I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed sharing it with you.