Saturday, April 27, 2013

Shades Of Blue...Coaster CRAZY

 
As you can see, I used more plastic canvas here.

I created a set of beautiful coasters for practically nothing...that makes me happy!!! 

The only problem with this type of craft is that once you start, you just keep making more and more, until you have an entire linen closet full of coasters... I'll have to use them in other creative ways like cube shaped hats or I could even sew them all together and make a giant quilt like tablecloth for a patio table or something...ha ha ha!

I can see it now...I'll be called the "crazy coaster lady"!!!  Ha ha ha!

SUPPLIES

*  plastic canvas sheet cut into squares
*  blunt needle
*  ball of yarn (I used a variegated acrylic yarn)

You can find many plastic canvas books (at the library or craft stores) with different patterns to follow if it's your first attempt...it's so easy though, I bet you'll be creating your own patterns soon enough.

Here are the canvas squares cut out and ready to go.

  
I used the holes as a guide...these are 28  X  28 holes
                                                          
Here they are all stitched.

 
I have added a white version of the coaster here,  even though the blue coasters have the exact same stitch, the detail is more apparent on the white one ...just in case you want to follow this design.


Once I finished the coaster set, I had to create a box to put them in.  
Take a look.


This is a GREAT gift idea...it comes from the heart, it looks pretty, and it doesn't cost a fortune to make.

I hope you give it a try.

I hope you enjoyed this post I certainly enjoyed sharing it with all of you.

Until next time, be creative...