Sunday, January 10, 2016

Tea Dyed Vintage Labels

I wanted to create a vintage tag.

I didn't have a clue if I wanted to make it rectangular, or square with rounded edges or even if I wanted to go with a classic oval.

I tried a few different looks before settling on this one.

I wanted an elegant look without too much fuss

Here is what I came up with

:)

This is the butterfly I used in the design for my tags



Below you can see that I removed the colour so that I had a grey scale image


Then, of course, I had to create a full sheet to print off.

Again, I used cover stock paper

Then the fun part...
cut them all out and use a single hole punch to
create an opening for your ribbon

For these tags, I used a tea stain
Simply place tags on a plate and coat both sides with tea
OR
(1 side at a time and let dry before repeating process for other side)


place on waxed paper to dry


 When they are dry, I like to iron them...it makes the paper seem so much older
and gives them a thicker card texture


Here they are all ironed :)

Here, I have added a simple satin ribbon

Now for the tag box

I purchased a simple tube container from a craft store
which I painted blue

 I then created a box label in Photoshop


I then added a large oval with 3 of my personalized tag images to the band.

I debated whether or not to tea dye the label, but decided not to


Here is the finished look :)






I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed sharing it with you all.

Until next time Be Creative :)