Monday, June 27, 2011

Space Saver For A Small Entryway

YES! This is a photo of an over toilet shelving unit, but it can be used differently.

I live in a very small apartment and the front entryway is only 42" wide.

I, like everyone else needed a place to store shoes, gloves, purses, etc that wouldn't overpower the space provided.
So, as I often do I started looking for storage solutions on Kijiji Halifax.

For a whopping $10 bucks (including delivery), I got this fabulous over toilet cabinet. NOTE: The one I bought is in wood tones rather than white.

I immediately separated the top piece from the bottom and set it up in my tiny hallway.

I also found a mirror with hooks at Value Village for an additional $10.

So, for a grand total of $20 I had a custom shelving unit with mirror and hooks.

The result is an eclectic looking style that I love.

Take a look.....



Having a place for everything helps make small spaces appear larger.

I hope you have fun trying to find new ways to use items that are traditionally used for specific purposes.

Have a great day!