Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Neat Way To Recycle An Old Floor Lamp

This is a run-of-the-mill floor lamp that almost every household has.

The problem with my lamp was that it only worked when it wanted to...which means there was a short in the wire somewhere.

So, what do you do with it when it breaks?

I will share with you an idea I came up with to re-use it rather than throw it away.
I decided that I had 3 options;
1. JUST THROW IT OUT!
2. Buy a rewiring kit.
3. OR.......create something unique!!!!!!

Well I'll give you one guess as to which option I chose! (I think the title of the post gave it away!)

I created a.... drum roll please

DELUXE
BRUSHED STEEL
SIX ROLE TOILET PAPER HOLDER

MATERIALS
1.  I only used half of the original pole length and the base
(the pole usually has four parts that screw together so this makes it easy)
2.  I small wooden ball drawer pull
(I hammered it into the open end of the metal rod so it looks finished)
NOTE:  Ideally I would have preferred a brushed steel cap, but beggars can't be choosers I'll just paint the wooden ball later.

I will just show you with photos.


Isn't that a GREAT IDEA?

Go ahead and make one for yourself.