Saturday, August 18, 2012

Things You Find Along The Path

Along came a spider that scared the crap out of her...

This is probably the most disgusting spider I have ever seen!!!


And in NO WAY am I saying that I'd like to see others even more menacing that this to challenge my statement...I was traumatized enough by this one.

 I had the creepy crawly's so bad after taking this shot, I almost dropped my camera...

I was convinced it had gotten on me since I was about 5mm away from it to take this shot.  

YUCK! Yuck and more YUCK!!! 

Thank goodness the rest of the photos aren't this gross....I promise!

I have to mention that my friend Peter Marsman of Marsman Photographic, gave me a few pointers about focus...he showed me the settings on my camera for EVALUATIVE...CENTER WEIGHT...SPOT focus points, and what they mean in relation to the subject verses the background.

I used the SPOT setting for all of these images to better focus on the subject and have the background fade out.

Even I can see a major difference in these images compared to my previous attempts.

Here's hoping it only gets better!

Thanks Peter for the valuable information, it's pretty clear that you know your stuff!
































The last image is of my costume jewelry...I thought it might help to make you forget about the spider. Ha ha ha. Until next time.