Sunday, October 7, 2012

I have recently discovered something new!

I mentioned in an earlier post that my husband is taking a couple of computer courses. 
 A part of his work will require that he use  
Adobe Photoshop

Being the kind man that he is, when Trevor was installing the program on his computer,  he also installed it on mine!

At first I was like, "Yeah, I doubt I'll ever even open that program...It seems so complicated!"

You have to imagine the scene.

Here I am, at my desk wondering if I should open the program.  
I mean, come on...
I'm definitely NOT an EGGHEAD, more like an eggplant...just not shiny, bitter or purple!

Well, just for fun...I OPENED IT!

Well, when I opened the program, I had ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what I was looking at.  
All I could see were symbols and numbers and such...
What the heck...?  
This doesn't mean anything at all to me! 

So, my first priority was to familiarize myself with at least a few of the symbols.
Once I did that, I decided to play around with the tools and effects, some of which I had to go online to find out how to even find.  Example:  How do I cut out a circle?  I know, it seems ridiculous, but some of the tools aren't immediately visible ...

Anyway, before I knew it...the whole day was gone! 

Oh my GOODNESS!  What FUN, FUN, FUN!!!!!

I have a pencil drawing of a cartoon moving truck that I drew earlier in the week...Hmmm, I wonder what I could do with it?

I will now show you the step by step transformation of the original drawing .

 
Original drawing

Here, the image has been cleaned up a bit.

Tires have been coloured in and the landscape has changed.
Started adding colour to the landscape.
Mountains and sky have preliminary colour.
All landscape has been painted, the truck is being transformed.
I have added clouds and asphalt..then Liquified!
Added highlights, painted truck interior
Painted in truck door
Added headlights and roof lights
Created a chrome finish on front grill and bumper
Added stripes to upholstery and a brighter shade of red to enhance truck exterior
Created a plastic effect on lights, grill, license plate and bumpers...to add depth
Added glass to the cab windows.  Isn't it cool?
I cleaned up the lines on the box and paint it in white, light grey and medium grey


BIG SMILE!!!!
I am very happy with my first ever Photoshop project!
If you too are an eggplant, (who isn't shiny, bitter or purple) like me ...may you all find that inner egghead!

Until next time,
Be creative...