Thursday, October 6, 2011

My Latest Photography

When I showed my Mom this photo, she was captivated by the fact that the fly only has one wing...She couldn't help but wonder what happened to it.

I have been experimenting with my camera lately to try and understand more of its functions.  I will be the first to admit that I know nothing about photography...I just know what I like!

It also doesn't hurt that I have a professional photographer living nearby...To show how little I actually know, I went over one day to ask him if he could tell me what in the world DPI also known as PPI are!!!  He was kind enough to explain .  (It means DOTS PER INCH or PIXELS PER INCH, it has to do with photo resolution.  If you have a reading of 72 PPI or better, the resolution will remain in focus when you blow it up)

I would like to say thank you Peter for your patience and encouragement.
Take a look at his beautiful work... http://www.marsmanphotographic.com/index.html
After voicing my desire to understand more about photography and composition, the book "PHOTOGRAPHY AND THE ART OF SEEING" by Freeman Patterson was recommended to me.

I strongly recommend that you read it too if you are looking for  a way to think outside the box to better express your inner photographer.  You won't regret it, Mr Patterson has a unique, easy to understand writing style and I really love the way he thinks.

Now, for your visual pleasure here is a collection of my latest work.
























I hope you enjoyed the photos.

See you next time.