Friday, March 13, 2015

Inspired By All Things Hair Salon

After my last visit to the hair salon, I was inspired... 
by the tools, the staff and even the interior structure.

In this post, I will share all of my drawings...each image will show either a
BEFORE / AFTER
or
black & white image / coloured in with pencil crayon / altered in PHOTOSHOP

So each  image will have either two or three facets of the same image.

Just for fun,  I tried recreating the interior of the salon :)

Next I will show you all the tools
You will be able to distinguish how PHOTOSHOP allows you to deepen all the colours and add highlights and effects too.  

An example of the effects I sometimes use is in the hand mirror...that is a chrome effect




Hair Colour Samples



 The image below is a banner image that I created in PHOTOSHOP...I just played around with the settings and removed the background from all the images and then rotated or even stacked items.


Now, every salon NEEDS posters of the latest hair fashions


I found a frame I liked online in free clip art and used it for my posters :)

Now, furniture and accessories

You can't have a salon without a work station chair


OR a reception area chair...
This is my French inspired style


and we mustn't forget...gossip magazines filled with hair styles and fashion


Now, no hair salon would exist without hairstylists
Here they are...

First I will show you just the faces in
Black & White
if you like, you can print it off and colour it in :)
and then the
Coloured Version



Here are the bodies...with my fashion designs
again, feel free to print this image off


Here are all the faces from beginning to end







Now for my shoe and boot designs


Next I put it all together...
Faces, bodies with my fashion designs, shoes and salon tools






The image above clearly implies that she is leaning on something...
see below for the final image



Again, the above image clearly indicates she is sitting on something...
see below for final image


Finally, here are a few alternate outfits I designed





I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while...I hope this makes up for it :)

Until next time, remember, Be Creative :)