Thursday, July 31, 2014

NATURE...Up Close and Personal

I would like to dedicate this post to a
lovely couple I met during one of my photography excursions.
 

This one's for you Dale and Gord
 I hope it was worth the wait :)


I'm sure you've heard the expression,
"You can't see the forest for the trees"...

When you stand  next to a tree, it's just a tree...
but, stand in an open field and look at a thousand trees...
well that's a whole different thing

I enjoy dusting off my camera now and again and going out on the path near my apartment building and taking photos of nature.
I especially love macro photography because it allows me to see detail that would ordinarily be missed.

So, if you find yourself walking along a path...stop and look, truly examine what is before you, you're sure to see something spectacular.

For this post, I have created a new expression...

"You can't see life for its abundance"

For example...
How many times have you seen grass, heavy with dew,  glistening in the morning light?

Now imagine for a moment how that same dew would look if you were the same size as the grass?

I think I managed to capture it...
I had to crouch down in the grass and got a bit of dew on the camera lens, 
however, the effect actually made the photo look even more surreal.

I want to stress before I continue, that all the photographs you will see in this post are
NATURAL...I have NOT altered any of them.

Let's begin with images from June













Looks like eyes all over







Plant love :)











Okay, now for July









Ha ha ha...insect on a bridge



I can't help but think of fireworks every time I see these flowers

Now that is GROSS...but fascinating





 Here are some images in black and white

















































































These last images I call

"AFTER THE STORM"

I absolutely LOVE this picture






I hope you enjoyed my latest photos as much as I enjoyed sharing them with each of you.

Until next time...