Monday, March 31, 2014

The CARTOON Craze

I have been drawing cartoons / avatars for the past month...I had a great time doing it and here are the drawings to prove it.

It all started innocently enough...

One night, my husband was working on a maze game design for one of his classes, and happened to mention that his teacher had an alter ego named "Evil Mike" that he would love to be in the actual maze...I didn't hear anymore of the explanation...I just started thinking about "Evil Mike".

I said to myself, "What would Evil Mike look like?  I wonder if I should draw him."

I couldn't resist...

VOILA!  Here he is.





After I designed Evil Mike I still wasn't satisfied...I kept thinking that something was missing.

I KNOW, you can't have a hero without someone or something to save , RIGHT?

I've got it...Every hero needs a Princess!

Here is the beautiful Princess


Now all I need is a maze...the yellow line in the maze is not a wall, it is the path.
I know, I should have made it wider.

My husbands teacher LOVED "Evil Mike" and uses him as an avatar on his computer :)


This was so much fun that I decided to create an avatar for my husband

Here is the original coloured version



Here I have altered it in Photoshop and removed the background.  Note that I haven't changed anything from the actual design, I have just altered the brightness and contrast and added posterization and paint daubs effects.  


NOTE:  I used the same PHOTOSHOP effects as listed above for every image in this post.

Then I decided to make another for my Mom...this one doesn't look like her but it was just for fun.


















Above are two options,  round glasses and rectangular glasses.

Then, I just went crazy...

Here is one of my Mom that actually kind of looks like her


 Then of course, I had to draw the rest of the family!
Here they are...


 










Here I am with my siblings and Mom



 I hope you enjoyed all of my avatars...I know my family had a great laugh.

Until next time...Be Creative!