Wednesday, May 6, 2015

BUTTERFLY MADNESS

I really enjoyed making these butterflies :)

As you can see from the image to the left, I drew a half of a butterfly wing.  I then brought it into PHOTOSHOP to create a mirror image so that my wings would be symmetrical.

In the coloured images below, you will see that I added patterns to some of the wings.



Here are the steps to creating your very own butterflies :)


Then colour your butterflies using whatever medium you like...I used pencil crayon.
Paint, markers or even colouring in PHOTOSHOP would work just as well.

Once my wings were coloured, I brought them into PHOTOSHOP to adjust the brightness and contrast.

Here is an original...see the difference in colour depth between this one and the one below?



Below are many more examples of coloured butterfly wings.





Now that all of them are coloured in the way you like, print them off on card stock...regular paper would work but it is slightly flimsy.  Card stock is much easier to work with.

Once you have printed them now you have the pleasant job of cutting them all out.  It will take a LONG time, but the finished product is so cute that it's worth it :)

In the steps below, I show how I folded each wing in half and then glued them together...however, another option is to sandwich two full wings together and fold them in the middle to create a crevice for the butterfly body to be glued on.


Now for the body...
Using a pipe cleaner, a skewer, a small pair of pliers, a BBQ lighter and some black acrylic paint...simply follow the step pictorial below.


Once you have glued your wings to the body simply cut off the excess skewer, apply wire and place wherever you like :)

I enjoy using them in floral arrangements, but I bet they would look great incorporated in a child's bedroom decor too :)


Here is the finished product :)


I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed sharing it with all of you.

Until next time...Be Creative :)